A PHP-driven web content management framework, Drupal is an exceptional choice for building unmatchable digital experiences. It is used to build large web applications and websites with various data. This open-source CMS has completely revolutionized the work of the developers in the field.
Drupal manages the backend beautifully but is not proficient enough to do the same for the front-end. So, to handle the front-end beautifully with modern and intricate back-end, decoupled Drupal became the ultimate choice. It offers the flexibility of building the front-end to the developers without using Drupal. So, choosing some other technology to develop the front-end for the website while continuing Drupal Website Development for the back-end becomes a feasible choice.
What is a front-end framework?
One can understand front-end framework or technologies as the structure of a phone, color, size, and more. The same thing applies to the front-end of any website. It is the reason that captivates the interest of any visitor. It is simply the magic of front-end technology used by the developer on any website.
So, the hustle that one faces here is on which front-end framework to choose to fulfill the needs and requirements of the business.
Believe us, there is nothing to stress over. The below-given guide of the best technologies will surely help you get an answer to your confusion on which front-end technology to choose for your Drupal-backed site.
- AngularJS was created by Google and is the first choice of every developer.
- This efficient and powerful open-source typescript-based framework is immensely utilized to build client-side single-page web applications.
- Since it is backed by Google, the developer can handle the user’s browsing data easily with the help of its open-source framework without having to fetch data from your server.
- The developers can take help from the answers, tutorials, and used cases, with well-developed documentation offered by its immense community of experts.
- Any risk of a cyber-attack or data breach can’t go anywhere near the server, given the client-side nature of Angular.
- Keeping in mind the love for HTML of the developers, AngularJS is equipped to re-read, modify, extend, and more to build interactive feature-rich web applications.
- An interactive framework helps in enabling the actions to immediately trigger application objects that have great functionality like the two-way binding.
- Its wide scope of features and lightweight nature make it the first choice of every front-end developer.
- The developer can easily build desktop installed applications across Linux, Mac, and Windows with the help of Angular methods.
Reasons to pair AngularJS with Drupal!
- Awesome applications/websites are developed when Drupal and Angular are combined.
- Customisability and extensibility come hand in hand while working with AngularJS and Drupal.
- This combination adds a thick wall of security to the websites and applications built. It helps to makes it difficult for hackers to inject malicious code into the database, thus keeping everything safe and secured.
- The developer can customize the front-end as per the client’s requirements and streamline the backend. It helps in enhancing the performance of the Drupal website.
- It is an open-source project that is backed by Facebook.
- Many big corporations choose this front-end technology for the seamless and fast client-side experience.
- It is a sort of library in which the developers build the user interfaces with reusable components concept. It easily handles the issues caused by the slowness of DOM utilizing the virtual DOM structure.
- Developers opt for this front-end technology when they have to do minimal coding and build natural, interactive, and appealing applications.
- It has an efficient component-based architecture with which interactive and dynamic user interfaces can be built for website and mobile applications.
- The developers can easily debug errors and can locate the root cause of any problem in any problem given to its unidirectional data flow.
- Code flexibility and maintenance are other golden highlights of ReactJS that are the result of its modular structure.
Reasons to pair ReactJS with Drupal!
- UX complexities are easily handled while working with ReactJS, and Drupal was given to the hybrid approach of React.
- This combination helps in bringing the best of both the world-frontend & backend for your website.
- A best-in-class UI experience is offered by this collaboration. Drupal handles the content in the best way possible, and React handles the UX complexities well.
- It offers access to all the modern mechanisms to help the developer deliver a rich user experience by integrating Drupal with the modern library.
- A former Google employee, Evan You created this front-end technology that has become famous among developers.
- This lightweight open-source front-end JS framework helps in creating high-performance single-page dynamic web applications with creative user interfaces.
- It is unrestrictive, uncomplicated, simpler, and progressive as compared to other front-end technologies.
- If the developer wants to apply a transition to HTML elements, Vue offers various methods to when the same are added, updated, or removed from the DOM.
- Simpler design and API comes with negligible complexity in Vue.js that is in high demand by web developers who intend to build simple applications.
Reasons to pair Vue.js and Drupal!
- Drupal content can be stored as a data object using Vue.js that allows developers to request and store.
- Large-scale application building makes Vue.js surpass the other front-end technologies with its powerful features that comprise small and self-contained reusable components.
- Along with a compelling client-side, Vue.js helps to infuse the same magic at the back-end too.
Choose your type!
With the best of all categories, you can now make a wise decision on which front-end technology to use to combine with Drupal for the best digital experience. It is obvious to get overwhelmed by the number of options available in the market. Stick to a 360-degree approach, and then choose the one that fits your requirement well.