Importance of Content :
“Content is the king” as they say in the world of digital marketing. The content is a mere reflection of your digital business. Whatever might be the genre of your business, be it beverages, footwear, apparel, payments, Tourism, the Content is what will thrive your business in this digital era of the 21st century.
You can have a thriving business product and/or idea but not having quality content floating on the digital web, ain’t gonna boost your business. Even having quality content is not even half the job done, here are few reasons why is that the case :
- The high volume of content on the internet.
- Differences of quality amongst the contents.
- Targeting the perfect class of customers.
The Marketing Problem :
For each possible genre of businesses, there are truckloads of content out there on the web. You oughta have top-quality content to strive through the market. Or else, your content will be just another piece of digital paper on a long pile of papers.
Not just the quality content, but the correct category of content & Formulated quantity division across categories of content is also of paramount importance. Selling lanterns at Times square is not a smart thing to do, right?
Each brand is put into use by a categorical class of people. Promoting or marketing the product outside of that category is simply a waste of everything from time to tangible & intangible resources. Not following ‘targeted audience’ would only result in Lesser revenue, lesser sales, Increased time wastage.
There are many content marketing agencies out there to take on these critically important aspects of digital business. Agencies are well equipped about the current & trending content verticals. Blogs, infographics, newsletters, videos, podcasts, reels (Instagram) all are digital content, and there are a dozen more as well.
The magic of turning your ‘company’ into a ‘brand’ starts here. This is the art of making architecture-driven content marketing. What a content marketing agency would do is implement the correct type of content in a formulated quantity to promote your business. This formulation of quantity is a subject of another very important area. I.e. “Target Audience”.
Identifying the class of Audience while promoting a product has been practiced since ancient times, but Digital marketing tools & tactics have made the identification of audience more ‘Accurate’ and of the highest order than it has ever been. Helping your brand to reach out to the people who are most likely to use/buy the products & services.
After obtaining a nice & clear understanding of your brand / Brand-to-be (company), the content marketing agency would develop a clear understanding and Pathway of the class of audience to go after & then implement a strategic approach for Optimum content marketing for your digital business.
Now Let’s study Top-5 Content Marketing Strategies:-
- Set Short & Long term Goals :
- The majority of the successful Content marketing agency works by Firstly deciding on the short-term and long-term goals from the Content marketing campaigns.
- A smart marketing strategy involves deciding –
- Targetted Audience.
- Content for targetted Audience.
- Expected Output.
- After deciding on Set of customers to target, it is of vital importance to produce curated content depending on the type of target customer. Because that content is gonna be a company’s fishing needle to hook the customers out from beneath the digital ocean. If the content is not perfectly tailored, the whole outcome could be worst affected.
- The next step is to figure out a few timelines. A certain level of outcome should be expected for each timestamp. Then the content marketing agency, will create a pathway & put efforts towards following those timelines in both shorter & Longer timespan.
- Zoom-in On your Target Customers :
- We discussed a li’l bit of this earlier. It’s really important for a strategy to work that the Right category of customers is identified for target marketing.
- Perfectly identify the Set of customers your campaign will be targetted to & then go after it with the most relevant kind of content.
- Any major content marketing agency will prefer the “Identify & Attack” approach. The sole reason being the fact that this gives the whole Content marketing campaign the best shot at success.
- Feed the Right Content :
- A particular business’s content could be spread across all types of content- From blogs to youtube videos to TikTok’s or any other categorical content you think of.
- A content marketing agency would first identify where the consumption of your content is happening & in what order.
- If your business’s content is 80% consumption through Short videos, there is almost no need to go after creating & feeding your audience with Blogs. Rather focus on Top-5 consumption methods & try to push them to yet untouched horizons.
- A digital marketing agency regularly uses Google analytics & few paid tools to get a clear picture of where the consumption is happening & then channel out their strategy for content marketing your digital business.
- Up-to-date Consumption methods–
- The way ‘how’ people consume content on the internet has kept on changing over the period of time.
- Take ‘blog’ as one of the content, the number of blogs & reading audiences has been growing each year since 2015. Reels, TikTok, short videos are some of the most consumed forms of content by audiences in 2020-21.
- Also, there are >80% chances of a blog being read by the user if it contains some visual data as well. i.e. images, graphs, etc.
- Working with a specialized Content marketing agency can thus be very beneficial for feeding your targeted audience with the Correct form of ‘content’.
- Being Mountaineer :
- You might be afraid of climbing, but don’t worry this is virtual :). In order to reach the top of a mountain, one must realize at what sea-level he/she currently stands. It’s of vital importance to judge a Business’s current position in the market amongst all the competitors.
- Not just the competitors, any of the top tier digital marketing agency would also go after the ‘3 How’ Approach :
– How much is the business’s current digital presence,
– How much is the current content consumption,
– How competitors are tapping the same Audiences.
- After answering the above 3 ‘How’s, you would know how much & Where the effort needs to be put into marketing and also how much the output can be expected in coming future timeframes.
- Using all these 5 Content marketing strategies would ensure the best & optimal outcome from your digital business’s marketing campaigns. Not to mention the measurement of Significant boost of revenue when plotted against time on the graph and embarking on the journey to untouched horizons.
The importance of a strategic approach to Content marketing is highly underrated by those who are not deep enough into digital marketing or those who are newbies in the world of marketing Digital businesses.