Success of any Every Organization depends on its ability to organize projects and source people and resources to accomplish the goals. Regular projects are essential to business survival in uncertain times and the manager has to organize the work to suit the organization. As outlined on a PRINCE2 Training Birmingham course.
Project management is a formal approach to devise and efficient terms for all the activities and projects in an organization. The process helps to define goals and set up a project team and manage the project, to organize resources and to monitor progress.
Project management is a systematic way to organize the work to insure that the goals of the organization are achieved in comparison to all other organizations and in this way project organization is essentially development of methodical approaches and methods by which objectives can be efficiently realized.
Project management must be organized in such a way that all people responsible for getting the work done and efficiently and in time in their full support is being provided, as there would be urgency for the completion of projects on delivery of goods and others. Project management is not only the attention to the material things but also ensuring availability of tools not only for the production but other activities in the organization.
Having a project board, a project manager thus has to set up an agenda for the project, for example:
1. establish the goals, objectives and objectives of the project
2. prepare a proposal for the project i.e. the financial estimate of cost,manpower i.e. technical side, property requirements.
3. draw up detailed project plan i.e. development process, project triggers hence milestones.
4. find necessary resources i.e. people, money and facilities.
5. prepare a detailed approach to management of project i.e. training.
6. prepare the schedule for the completion of project.
7. prepare a work schedule i.e. work breakdown structure.
8. provide a complete and unambiguous Expenditure and Budget against plan i.e. project cost.
9. maintain a follow-up progress of people involved in planning, organizing, directing and controlling the project.
The projects can be broken up into smaller simpler projects, for example,
- completion of a new product launch
- completion of a price negotiation framework
- completion of a recruitment planning tool
- completion of a new product launch launch
These projects can be broken up in many ways but the main purpose of simply planning the formal project as a whole is to organize and to map out the actions to accomplish the organizational goals.
Project management is also essential to an organization to organize the work in an efficient manner, to ensure that the goal of the non-organization is accomplished.
Practical Project management
After planning and organizing of the project, the manager can now create a practical Project tracking so that the real work on the project can be monitored, measured and managed. That is if you overlook on the project conditions the maintenance of these progress canResult in a massive waste site.
The team members have to work together to track and measure the project progress. It is adhering to this tracking of the Project that the Project manager can find out if the project if in trouble and its aptitude to overcome the problem or not. If the project on non-functioning must be shut down the Project manager can take most efficient of all to this.
For example if a project was started and still not completed after the planned deadline but with an unnecessary further delay on the purpose to finish a task or project on time other issues develops during the initial stages of the project, the manager must use responsibilities to solve these other task because they are staff work to knock out the adherence issue. The subsequent scheduling should take these lines into account and course to correct the scope of necessity and expenses on the project activity or task.
The day to day project progress should be compared to the expected progress and the project is in danger of encountering shortage of time and resources, then it may come to decide to shut down the project.
This project monitoring quite simply is to confirm and emphasize those projects which are on schedule and to remind the manager to carry on building and organize new Pipeline from time to time.