SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is basically about getting the top ranking on Google search result. In other words, it is the procedure by which organisations optimise their website to increase perceptibility and ranking in search engines. Due to the continually changing nature of Google algorithm, SEO is becoming more complicated and requires specialists, preferably a professional who has pursued a digital marketing online course, one who can work on SEO projects. It is not just adding content and keywords, but is also about building links and waiting for the results to show.
Qualifications And Skills To Become SEO
The minimum qualification for becoming an SEO in a high-end company needs graduation or a diploma in digital marketing. But for working professionals who cannot afford to quit their job and attend regular college programs, a digital marketing online course is recommended. Nevertheless, you do not need a degree or higher education in most cases to work in SEO because it is something that requires a diversified set of skills which cannot possibly be determined by the traditional examination.
SEO is dynamic and calls for a lot of skills to keep the career growth, for instance:-
- Commendable knowledge of HTML and CSS is required.
- Candidates must know how search engines like Google operate.
- Fundamental knowledge of creating reports and presentations
- Knowledge of video and photo editing
- An essential understanding of user experience and customer behaviour in the world of the internet
- An exceptional communication skill such as writing blog, mails, comments, etc
- An efficient logical as well as analytical skills
Role And Salary Of SEO Specialist
The role and salary of an SEO specialist vary from industry to industry. It can also vary from experience, geography and the demands of the organisation. The salary of a fresher or a trainee usually ranges from Rs. 10,000-Rs. 15,000, whereas the SEO executive earns a handsome salary of approximately Rs. 25,000. The SEO consultant earns from Rs. 60,000- Rs. 90,000 and on the other hand, a digital marketing manager earns Rs. 1,00,000 or more.
The responsibilities vary from post to post:-
- A trainee or a fresher is responsible for handling fundamental SEO work like creating meta titles, descriptions doing SEO on-page testing, creating videos, keyword research and SlideShare, etc.
- An SEO executive works on both on-page and off-page SEO of a website. They have good hands-on SEO techniques, tools and web analytics.
- The job of an SEO consultant is day-to-day monitoring and suggestions, that is not only restricted to SEO but also on content, social and paid search.
- A digital marketing manager is the one who is not restricted to SEO, but also defines all the work and resources related to digital marketing including content marketing, social media, mail marketing, web analytics, SEO, etc. A digital marketing online course helps professionals in boosting their skills in the field.
Now that you know that the scope of SEO is exceptional in India, candidates who are passionate about being a part of this field must pursue a digital marketing online course. Whereas many universities offer various courses, a digital marketing course helps the candidates polish their art of digital marketing.