Nowadays, connection issues are too common in different areas of our home, office you may also have a wireless internet problem. And we all know that now is not the time for internet and connection problems. Now, the good news is you can take this dull connectivity up to top levels with the only help of a little device called a Wi-Fi extender.
What is a Wireless N Wi-Fi extender?
A Wireless N Wi-Fi extender connects with your router(either wirelessly or through a wired connection) just to help in extending signals into rooms that are Wi-Fi dead zones due to walls, floors, or any other obstructions. It’s a little device that comes between a wireless router and the areas where we want strong wifi signals.
How Wireless N extender works?
It just simply boosts or amplify the existing signals. It also enables all wireless devices within that expanded coverage space to connect to internet or similar network.
Do you need a Wireless-N Wi-Fi extender?
Here are some reasons it might work well for you-
If you are in a multistorey building and any floor is lacking internet or multiple users are using the internet. Wi-Fi doesn’t reach outside.
Wireless N repeater setup
1) setup of wireless n range extender through a wired connection
- Connect the Wi-Fi extender to the computer just by using the ethernet cable.
- Now it will take you to the web-based setup page.
- Now launch the web browser.
- Type 192.168.1.1 in the search bar or ap.setup.
- Leave username blank and type “admin” as password.
- Now click on wireless then basic wireless settings.
- Click on “manual” button then enter your router’s SSID in CONFIGURATION-VIEW option.
- Choose the security mode which your router is using on a Wireless security option.
- Now after this enter your Wi-Fi password.
- Lastly click save settings.
For best wireless N performance use WPA/WPA2 wireless security on your router and extender.
After following these steps your range extender should now be synchronized with your router.
2) Using Wi-Fi protected setup
- Now if your router and extender have WPS button then firstly press router’s WPS button then press the WPS button of the extender.
3) Web-based WPS button
a) Wi-Fi protected setup button
- login to wireless-N extender then click wireless then WPS. Now search the WPS button on your client-side to start the process.
Now on web-based setup page click WPS under wireless list now choose “enabled” for WPS.
b) using WPS PIN
- Put your client-side WPS PIN in the 2nd field in the range extender’s web-based setup page.
- Now click “register”.
c) using the router’s PIN
- If your client asks for router’s PIN enter the number shown In the 3rd field into your client’s device.
- When the WPS process is active the light blinks for every 2 seconds for 2 minutes.After a successful setup that light stays.
For any error, the light blinks occasionally for 2 minutes. Wait until it stops blinking before trying again.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS(FAQs)?
- Q) Can I change the Extended wireless N settings of my extender?
- A) Yes, you surely can.
- Q) What should I do when I cannot connect the range extender to the router or access point?
- A) check if you are using the same wifi name and password as an existing wireless router.
For the first time, you may need to put extender close to the router and after setting up unplug it and you can now move it to any other location.
To minimize signal obstruction try different locations for router and extender.
- Q) Can I connect multiple devices to the extender?
- A) Yes, you can.
Q) Where should I place my extender?
A) The appropriate location for the Wireless-N extender is between your router and computer. But the extender must be in the limit of the wireless router.
Q) What can I do if the extender disconnects when connecting to the main router during setup?
A) Try to change the wireless settings of the main router.
Q) Can I add more than one range extender to my router?
A) Yes, you can definitely have more than one range extender for your setup.