Many people are aware that India is the fastest growing app market in the world A report by App Annie State of Mobile 2020 states that in the year 2019, there were 19 billion apps downloaded in the country. The report also says that India witnessed a growth of 190% in app downloads in comparison to the global average of 45% in three years. It should not come as a surprise that the number of apps you can choose from is a mind-boggling 2,902,929 apps on Google Play Store alone. While many apps are dedicated to games, there is a large volume of apps that you can use for your online prepaid recharge.
Apps have changed the way people recharge their prepaid cards or pay their post-paid amount. Given the high volume of Online mobile recharge apps on Google and Apple stores, we bring you the list of the top 10 apps that you can download.
- Bajaj Finserv Wallet – One of India’s most diversified NBFCs Bajaj Finserv brings you the Bajaj Finserv Wallet. It is powered by Mobikwik, which is India’s first integrated Debit and Credit Wallet. You can use the app for recharges, payments of your bills as well as payments to online and offline merchants. The biggest USP of the app is that you get a Personal Expense Manager for Bajaj Finserv customers. You can even use your EMI network card on the app. The card can be used to shop at partner online and offline stores. It is one of the fastest and most convenient apps to use for an online recharge.
- PayTM Wallet – The app revolutionised payments landscape in India with its slogan PayTm Karo. The app supports 17 mobile operators in the country, allowing people across different geographies to recharge their phone conveniently. The app also a digital wallet service which can be used to make payments for your purchases at partner stores.
- FreeCharge – You can use the FreeCharge App to do a lot more other than recharge your mobile. You can use the app to pay bills as well as send and receive money through UPI. With this app, you can buy deals that start as low as Rs.1. Another advantage of the app is that you can even make your SIP investments with this app.
- PhonePe – The catchy name tells you instantly that there is a lot of things you can do on this app. It offers all the functionalities of the other apps. But, its losing out on popularity as it is not as appealing to look at as the other apps mentioned above.
- Google Pay – The app from the search engine giant Google is popular with many people. It is convenient to use, and you can use it for an online recharge. Scratch cards with cash rewards that go straight to your bank account are the most attractive feature of this app.
- JustRechargeIt – The name tells you instantly that this is an app designed to meet your mobile recharge needs. Mobile recharge, DTH recharge and Data Card recharge are all possible on this app. The advantage of this app is the instant talk time that you can get on using the app.
- Amazon Pay – The digital payment app by Amazon is integrated to your Amazon amount. You can use it to make payments for Amazon purchases as well as recharge your phone and pay the outstanding for the postpaid amount. The app is unable to capitalise its customer base as it does not offer the UPI feature, and you cannot use it to send and receive money.
- Haptik – The mobile recharge app integrates a lot of facilities ranging from booking a cab to booking service on UrbanClap. It is integrated with the Amazon Pay Balance for pre-paid and postpaid mobile recharge. It is one of few apps on the list with limited bill payment options.
- Niki – The personal assistant app offers a slew of services apart from mobile recharge. Some of its features include bill payment services, booking cabs and hotels, and buying movie tickets online.
- Tapzo- A new app in the market, Tapzo offers heavy discounts and deals to its users. You can use the app for both online payments and mobile recharge. It is an all-in-one app that also acts as an e-wallet, but it does not have a UPI feature. As of now, you cannot use it to transfer money.
Your online pre-paid recharge app should not offer you many other facilities including a digital wallet and an expense manager to help you manage your finances. You can download all the apps mentioned above from Google or iPhone Pay Store.