A full view for acknowledging purpose says that “E counselling is a type of professional assistance given to those needing advice for mental health distress over the Internet or in plain words counselling – online student guide services. They are also identified as counselling webinars, Cybercounselling and cyberlearning, E-walk-in counselling, email counselling, online discussion with an academic counsellor.
When we talk about the Internet; these services are also given via
- Chat room support
- Live calls
- Message boards
- Text messaging
- Video Conferencing
Characters and counsellors have begun using this e-counselling system in extension to the traditional one; good of the betterment of the patients or psychologically distressed persona at a faster pace. There is a section of pupils who feel that it can be supposed to be a complete replacement for the regular psychiatrist visits.
Tele psychology – a kind of counselling has been controlling for a long time. However, the evolving video chat systems and internet facilities due to the global broadband systems have shown an overwhelming boost in the number of people progressing online counselling therapy.
Forgiving and growing online counselling; the counsellor and the sufferer or the client requires to have a computer with an internet connection. Multiple forms and means of online advice are:
- Web counselling
- E counselling
- E therapy
- Internet counselling
How Can Students utilize Online Counselling?
E counselling works as a medium of constant contact among the pupils and the counselling centre or the counsellor. It has proved it’s deserving time and time again. Online counselling assists in facing, addressing and solving the distress and challenges encountered by students in their life. They are counselled by a licensed expert or a certified counsellor. Real works of the facts presented between the student and the counsellor are reserved for future purpose.
E-counselling services have become increasingly widespread and popular. Students who are distance away from such support – or are not willing to face the spotlight – or the ones who are afraid of being faced ask help through online counselling. These duties are made open 24*7 – 7 days a week and 365 times a year. It also has prescribed procedures for serving and returning to students about their anguish. All this appears under the jurisdiction and regulations drawn by the counselling centres or the society college or the alliance for students.
Perks of Online Counselling for college students
- Remote and rural students and people can explore assistance for mental health knowledge or distress.
- Disabled, household, humble and the ones not active to come out in society with their difficulty also can get advice.
- Relatively affordable and available to a great extent.
- The easy way of locating and authenticating the details/resolution distributed by the online counsellor – re-checking the items on the Internet.
- People conveniently speak to family members and friends through internet applicability but are sceptical of discussing mental health; hence online counselling is confirmed to be advantageous in such cases.
- e-counselling or E – therapy is a very significant aspect of psychological health.
Disadvantages of Online Counselling
- No guarantee coverage for medicines done into the online counselling.
- Confidentiality – privacy at post sometimes.
- Counsellors are non-exchange in emergency circumstances.
- The severe psychiatric condition cannot be managed online.
- Outcomes of giving help are less to those ailing from complex and critical mental health issues.
- Facial expressions and body language are not apparent to the online counsellor to assist him in understanding the cruelty and authenticity of the student.
- Legalities of receiving aid surely from a professional are at stake – anyone can approach anybody in and from any role of the world… However, there are various requirements for certified and licensed counsellors for practising their profession, which cannot be counter questioned.
Are you having any problem?
Get ready for your E-counselling!