Window blinds are the latest and one of the fastest-growing décor items for homes and office spaces alike. They are the most popular window treatment options available in the market right now. Pleasing aesthetics, more control over light and privacy and easy maintenance make them an attractive option to add to your home or office windows. This post is more focused on home décor. All you need to know about blinds like – which wood blinds to buy, what to look for when buying blinds and how to maintain them are all covered. So, read on to upgrade your home.
What to Look for When Buying Blinds?
When it comes to window blinds, they are available in many designs, materials and colours. The most popular ones for homes are Venetian type blinds with wooden slats. These classic blinds are popular as they offer flexibility to your interior design and are practical in their usage. If you want to buy window blinds, here are a few key things to keep in mind –
- Light: Blinds give you more freedom over how much light you want to allow into your house. If you are not comfortable with more light entering your rooms, you should pick your slat material and dimensions accordingly.
- Privacy and Security: This is the most critical factor while selecting a window blind. The right blind can spare you from nosy neighbours and give you additional protection for your house.
- Budget: The type of blind also depends on your budget. If you’re looking to outfit your entire house, the costs can run high very fast. So, being aware of your budget and sticking to it is essential.
- Maintenance: The blinds should be easy to clean, and if they are damaged, the replacements shouldn’t burn a hole in your wallet.
- Decorating Style: The interior design you are going for has an immense say in the blinds you invest in. You don’t want your window blinds to stick out like a sore thumb in your living or bedrooms.
Buying Window Blinds
Wooden blinds in India are available both online and offline. Although offline retailers are a personal preference, online retailers give more options in terms of materials and colours. Before picking a retailer, online or offline, you should first do your research about them. As blinds are a substantial and long-term investment, due diligence is necessary. Researching about their service and quality of blinds will help you in not falling for frauds or sub-par retailers.
Using Wooden Blinds:Maintenance and Cleaning
Window blinds are known for their lesser and easier maintenance as compared to curtains. But still, they can accumulate dust. You can use a damp microfiber cloth to remove dirt and top it off with a dry one to get rid of moisture. Water should not be applied directly to clean wooden blinds. It not only invites more dust to settle but also the slats lose shine and colour.
Wooden blinds are not designed to take high pressure. So, it would be best if you refrain from using high-pressure cleaners like car wash hoses. Every retailer who sells blinds will also provide you with an instruction manual and a guide on dos and don’ts while using the blinds and cleaning them. Follow the guidelines carefully tomaximize the life of your window blinds.
Wood blinds are one of the most budget-friendly and modern décor items you can invest in. Their immense practicality is an added benefit. They will be a valuable addition to any room you install them.