It’s 2020 and businesses are thriving online. There are many business owners who are setting up grand shops and attracting local customers who walk in their store, purchase some things and then leave. They are able to only cater to those people who are in the vicinity. But what about people who don’t live nearby? Who cannot make it to the store? Who are unable to travel the distance even if they need your products or services? Are you going to ignore them and turn down that revenue?
That doesn’t sound like a very good business decision to make? One really solid way of attracting more clients is to have an equally solid online presence. Whether your clients and customers are living in the same block or in a different city altogether, having a good online presence for your business means that they will always be on the lookout for your services or products when there is a need.
A great online presence is built by having a great website. A really good website is the foundation stone for generating online leads and attracting more potential customers. There are so many website designers and website development companies out there, that it is quite easy to get hold of someone and ask them to make you a website.
Choosing a good website design company is of prime importance. A company that understands your business requirements to the ‘T’, who understands what you want from your online presence, one who can streamline the entire process for you so that your customers are not left in the lurch. Getting a good website made takes time and patience and it is only befitting that you take the time to get the best possible talent to make it.
A website development company has a lot going on their hands. They should sit and discuss with the clients on what the exact requirements are, to fully understand the scope of work and then to utilize it to craft the UI/UX of the website. Designing a website takes efforts and creativity and it is very important that a good website designing company will take into account all the necessary requirements of a business to make navigation a breeze for your online visitor. But what does this process entail? Let’s look at some of them below:
1) A great header area: This is of course extremely crucial for your site’s visitors. A header area is one that contains the logo, menu, buttons or even social icons. A great header ensures that your visitors are able to navigate around your site with ease and all the pages are right in front of them when they need it the most. Consider some UX design in mind while making a header for your website. This may include getting a good logo designed for your site so that it lends a professional appeal to your business, or a nice inviting button for users to click on to get in touch with you or even your social icons for them to like and subscribe to your social accounts.
2) A hero section: The main section of the front page which one instantly sees as they land on your website is known as the hero section. Usually it is in the form of a photograph but you can always jazz things up by having a video running in the background (as seen on a lot of websites lately). Whatever you choose – either photo or video, ensure that they are relevant to your business and that they provide some value in terms of an emotional appeal to connect with the audience.
3) A good website copy: Not many people think about this crucial element of a website. While having a great colour scheme or images are important for the success of any website, having a good content copy is equally if not more important to its success. When you have a potential lead visiting your website, they are looking to understand your business in greater depth. If you do not invest a sizeable amount of time writing a great content copy for them, it will not have much impact in the way they perceive your website and your business. It is a wiser decision to give content equal importance as that will help in getting more qualified leads for your business.
4) Clear CTAs (call-to-action): Even if you did manage to get a great writer on-board who understood your business and whipped up a fantastic copy for your website, you’d still need to nudge your site’s visitors in taking appropriate action. Human being are tailored to be told to do something and as a website owner, you want to provide the most frictionless way for them to get in touch with you. Ensuring that you have bold, well thought-out CTAs (such as colourful buttons) on the main areas of your website, will turn out to be extremely beneficial for your site’s conversions. Keep in mind that your CTAs should not be difficult to find, rather they should always be conspicuous at all times.
5) Keep things optimized: As a SEO company in Mumbai, we’ve seen how businesses struggle in getting more clients even if they have their website in a fairly good order. After designing and developing a website, many business owners think that they will start attracting online visitors by default. However, that is truly not the case; rather it is so farther away from the truth. A good web design company ensures that your page layout and the elements that go on it (such as heading, images, other links etc); are thoroughly optimized for SEO to get maximum benefit from Google and other search engines.
Developing a website is not the end goal. Rather that is just a stepping stone for the online journey. A good website development company will be focused on getting conversions and not just views on your website. A great design will ensure that your potential customers can understand your business from your website and will be trusting you enough to get in touch with you. That is why choosing a good web development company will hold your hands and guide you through the process to achieve what your business seeks – i.e. more leads and more revenue.