The discussion on whether you should buy timepieces online or from a physical retailer is a heating debate. There are people who trust in the old school ideology of purchasing watches from the dealer. However, there are watch collectors who believe you can get a better deal from the best online watch store. If you ask us, both online and retail stores have their perks and privileges.
In this article, we have put forth the advantages and disadvantages of both retail and online watch stores. This is going to help you if you are worried about whether or not you can find the best Seiko watches online. After reading this article, you would be able to make a better decision for yourself.
Online Watch Stores versus Retail Watch Store
Watch collectors usually like the idea of testing the watch before paying the price. And by all means, this is a wise decision as we all want to know what we are buying. However, online watch stores have gained significant popularity in recent years. Customers prefer to buy online as the internet has become more accessible but this doesn’t mean retail stores are going to be extinct.
Both online and retail watch stores are demanded and people have trust in them. Both fill the needs of watch collectors in their own ways with different merits and demerits. However, it seems like both store types will continue to co-exist and are going to have a place in the market.
So, we thought it would be better to share their advantages and disadvantages for a better perspective. This will help the watch enthusiasts to decide which of these two store types is well-suited for them.
Buying Watches from Physical Stores
As we know, physical stores have been filling our watch needs for centuries. They still occupy the major share in the watch market and offer great value. Here are a few advantages and disadvantages of buying watches from physical stores.
- More personal experience
- Get to try on the watches
- Easier communication
- Quick answers
- Competent staff which can help you
- Compare and try on diverse watch models
- Fast after-sales help
- Have to visit physically to buy a watch
- Limited selection of watches
- Bored or unengaged salespersons
- Hidden price tags
- Staff without any prior watch knowledge
- Pushy sales staff
- Often more expensive than online
- Watches have often been worn by numerous people
Buying watches from online stores
There is no doubt that online watch stores are getting popularity, especially among the millennials. Like retail watch stores, online stores have their own pros and cons which we have mentioned below.
- Don’t have to travel to check the watches
- Shopping from the comfort of home
- No pushy salespeople
- Extensive collection of watches
- Better overview of watches and prices
- You can learn about the company
- Less expensive than physical watch stores
- International shopping
- Watch is delivered at your door
- Can’t inspect the model
- Can’t try on physically
- Popular brands and models are often sold out
- Inaccurate descriptions of the watch
- Photo may not show the model properly
- Unprofessional sellers
- Customer care services are not up to the mark
- Online stores take time to answer the queries
- May charge you extra
- Can’t buy vintage watch models
- Return policies are often ambiguous
Which is better: online watch store or retailers
So, which one of these two store types offer better value to its customers? Should you buy a watch from your nearest dealer or from an online watch store that is operating from another country? The short answer to this quest is that it depends entirely on your needs.
It depends on what qualities or features you prefer while shopping a watch from a store. Do you like to try the watches before buying or look for the best price tag? If you have found the best online watch store or the one that has a Casio G-Shock sale offer, your online buying experience will be seamless.
Customers find retail watch stores intriguing because they can try different models. However, the best way to buy a watch is that you try the watches in a retail store, get a quotation and then search for a better price inline. Thus, you can order your desired model from the comfort of your home and can get on your doorstep in a few days.