The Internet is changing rapidly at a high speed. And on-demand apps and services are adding new flavors to it.
The busy lifestyle of individuals resulted in the increasing use of on-demand apps and services.
We must have heard these words: On-demand apps and services but what are these exactly?. On-demand apps and services are the kinds of apps that can provide services and goods at your door-step whenever you demand it.
On-demand apps and services can get initialized for free or by paying a small fee on the stores so that the app owners get to know about the actual customer need and customers.
On-demand services are the best method if you are looking forward to stepping into the mobile app development industry.
The millennials, young adults, and almost every other age group are handy with their cell-phones. The cell-phones in this era are the easiest way to search out anything the users wish at a single click.
If you already have a business then on-demand apps and services are the perfect way to take your existing business online and to the next level.
Such apps and services on the demands of customers can bring skyrocketing results for the business by opening new gates of generating revenue.
As the customers are frequently engaged on their phones, such apps and services are so readily available the doorsteps let it be anything from food to footwear.
Everything is just a click away.
The on-demand apps and services operate well on the online google and apple stores. There are numerous benefits provided by on-demand apps and services. Such as:
1. Era of digitalization
This 3 thing has boosted an increase in on-demand apps and services as the era of digitalization is forcing every individual to get digital to match their pace with the dynamic change.
2. The popularity of mobile phones
While mobile phones are making people more dependent on it as it appears the only solution to all the problems.
3. Secure payments and quick delivery
On-demand apps and services have integrated the secured methods of payments which makes it more user-friendly and appealing.
The crucial features which your on-demand apps and services must include are as follows:
1. Authentication and security
- Whenever the users download any app in the first part they searched the app whether it is secured or not when they look for the methods of payment.
- Most of the websites and apps integrate certain symbols that attract more customers which makes the apps more trustworthy and user-friendly.
- Visual Appeal
- When people say that an app should look visually appealing, they don’t just mean that it should look pretty or colorful. The colors should pair well in the app. The text shouldn’t be too bright or too dark, and the background shouldn’t be the same color as the text. It doesn’t have to be too fancy. It just has to be readable and informative.
- This integration of the payments makes them more reliable towards the functioning of the app as it includes their payment details and personal details.
2. Essential Notifications
- Whenever there is an upcoming sales, discounts, and much more. Push notifications are the perfect method to reach out to the customers as they get to know about the sale and discount options without even opening the apps.
- This is considered as one of the best marketing tools in this technological era.
3. Live Tracking
- Assurance is the best way to gain the trust of employees. Live GPS location tracking is the best way to reassure customers.
- Such live tracking enables the users to know the location of their goods and services and how long will it take to reach the destination.
- The delivery time and dates can also get changed according to your convenience and such tracking also facilitates frequent updates on the products and services that you asked for.
- This can be one of the reasons behind the massive popularity enjoyed by the apps.
4. More Payment options
- Online and digital methods of payments are widely used and it is very popular among the users as they feel it is the best way to pay for their products and services.
- Individuals love when they are provided with options and restricting the payment options won’t generate the desired revenue in the long run.
- Credit cards, debit cards, and net banking are the most preferred way for initiating any payment in the app.
- So app owners must bring their unique approach and develop a payment method that is safe and secured and that can be used by the customers.
5. Easy interface
- This is the major challenging phase in any app development process, the more UI is simplified the more it will attract users.
- The information which is vital for the users must be easily understandable and in layman language.
- If the required information is not accurately available then it might end up losing the customers on the app.
- The reason behind the success of the apps lies in the UI of the app. The customer must be able to add or delete a product or service whenever they wish.
- The customers must find easily what are they looking for in the particular app and filtering out is the best way to make it more user-friendly.
6. Efficient Customer Care
- Customer care services should hear the grievances of customers and must reach out to the accountable authority.
- A platform to chat must be made available to the users in the same app which gains their trust and makes them more loyal towards using the app.
- The customer care executive should be heard of the grievances and problems faced by the customers within a short span of time so that the errors cant be fixed and grievances get the proper solution.
- A perfect customer care redressal enhances the effectiveness of the app as the user gets to know that there are executives to solve the problem.
- Such effectiveness in the app creates goodwill among the users.
- Customer care executives can also get replaced by the chatbots as chatbots can assist users in a more frequent manner.
- For emergencies and urgent assistance, the apps must integrate a helpline number.
7. Rating and review options
- Integrating more features in the app where users can provide their feedback is something unique that every app or website needs to get an honest reply for their goods and services.
- Rating and reviewing the goods and services help an app owner to know which are the areas that require massive attention and which are blooming well.
- Sharing experiences with other users and customers helps to gain more popularity for the app.
8. Addition of recent search activity and past base.
- Customers should feel at complete ease when they are using the app. By providing the recent search option which they earlier looked for in the app makes it more user friendly.
- Adding past orders must be enabled to know whether the user is looking forward to purchasing the same products and services again.
- Integrating AI and ML can further help in achieving the desired results for the app.
9. The Wishlist Feature
- Sometimes making a purchase for a particular product or service becomes difficult for the users at some point in time and then they might wish it to make a payment later on.
- The wishlist feature in the app helps them to save their products and services in the cart and there remains no need to search the same product on the app and further inititate the order.
10. Visual Appeal
- The app must be visually appealing that doesnot mean that it should have features, or the color must be well placed. The combination of various text should be well and should be made readable to the users.
- Though developing an app is not a rocket science still it must have several features which are to be implemented in the app for its betterment.
- The top 10 features must be integrated to provide a better experience to the users of the app.
- All the features discussed above might not match up the need so we do require certain sets of features which are to be included in the app and which are basic in nature.
Vishal Virani is a Founder and CEO of Coruscate Solutions, a leading On-demand app development company. He enjoys writing about the vital role of mobile apps for different industries, custom web development, and the latest technology trends.